Today is a super powerhouse of a treat. Was feeling a little low energy today, Sundays can do that right? These super energising ingredients can be amped up by tossing a few coffee beans in the mix! I like to do this sometimes if I haven't had coffee in a while, and the acidity of the regular brewed stuff might feel funky in my stomach. Reishi mushrooms are great to have on hand, to add into hot tonics with cacao, or toss in a smoothie like this one that supports the mushroom's immune-boosting properties. Plus the warm, earthy flavour of reishi makes this mocha smoothie simply irresistible.
- 1 banana
- 1 Tbsp spirulina
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp chia seed
- 1 tsp Connect Foods maca root powder
- 1/2 tsp reishi mushroom powder
- 1 Tbsp Connect Foods organic raw cacao powder
- (optional) small handful of coffee beans for those who desire
- 1 Tbsp honey
- large handful of power greens - baby kale, chard, spinach
- almond milk and ice
You've got a green power mocha! Now buzz on out and zoom through your day with clarity and ease!